Mariachi Music Educator Opportunity
Job Title: Mariachi Music Teacher
Reports to: Principal or Supervising Classroom Teacher
Supervises: Elementary and Middle School Students
Deadline: Open until filled
Scope of Job:
Assumes professional responsibility for providing learning experiences in mariachi music and the performing arts and supervision of students in a supportive and positive climate that develops in each student the skills, attitudes, and knowledge to meet and exceed the objectives outlined by the mariachi/choir curriculum. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Music Teacher work collaboratively with other members of the school staff (PYP coordinator and Principal) and with parents.
The Music Teacher shall:
- Hold a California instructional certificate related to music.
- Possess a minimum of five years? experience performing as a mariachi professionally
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of music and have excellent experience in teaching and working with primary aged students in the field of music in general, and mariachi music in particular
- Demonstrate personal skills and creative talents in music, preferably proficiency with string instruments and choir.
- Have excellent integrity and demonstrate good moral character and initiative.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, effective
- Instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning for the age group involved.
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates enthusiasm and interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish, both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Demonstrate the ability to use electronic equipment for word processing, data management, information retrieval, visual and audio presentations, and telecommunications.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Music Teacher shall perform all job functions and assume all responsibilities outlined in the Elementary Teacher Job Description. The Music Teacher is an integral part of the total school program and has specific professional responsibilities related to the certification held and professional position assigned, and shall:
- Plan and implement instruction to ensure that all students meet and exceed the mariachi curriculum to include:
- Developing aesthetic awareness;
- Performing mariachi music and singing mariachi;
- Demonstrating critical, analytical, judgmental, and evaluative skills; and
- Understanding cultural context of artistic accomplishments in mariachi music;
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter via e-mail to: Mexican Heritage Corporation, Mariachi Education Program firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.