1. What is ¡VivaFest!?
¡VivaFest! is a new name for a 20 year tradition – the San Jose Mexican Heritage and Mariachi Festival. We combined two words – “viva” and “festival” to create a new way to celebrate the joy, beauty and heritage of Latino culture – ¡VivaFest!
2. That sounds cool! Tell me about the festival – what’s the 411?
The Festival is produced by the Mexican Heritage Corporation annually in September in San Jose. It’s a destination event that showcases the best in Latino music, theatre, film, and visual arts with educational music and dance workshops and community conversations. There’s nothing like it anywhere else in the nation – and something for everyone, adults and kids, music lovers and film aficionados, theatre mavens and folks interested in Mexican heritage crafts and the visual arts.
3. How do I find it?
Our festival is an event without walls or borders – we present in many venues in downtown San Jose so check our schedule for locations for each event.
4. How much are tickets for the outdoor festival?
Tickets are free!
5. Who will be performing at the outdoor festival?
Everyone from local mariachis to ballet folklorico companies, banda, conjunto, and Latin alternative bands.
6. What other activities will there be at the outdoor festival?
Family craft activities, vendors selling authentic Mexican art, delicious Mexican food, and much more!
7. I’m a vendor and I’d like to have a booth at the outdoor festival. Who do I contact about that?
Please e-mail us at email@example.com.
8. Where can I get hotel information?
We have great travel deals at many terrific hotel properties – check our travel page for information on deals and locations.
9. How do we buy concert tickets?
Many of our events are free. For ticketed events, check the event website for ticket information, as many venues have their own box office administration.
10. How do we register for Workshops?
Registration is available online here.
11. Are there late fees that apply to registrations?
Yes, late fees apply so register early!
12. Where can I find information about the artists in this year’s festival?
Just visit our Press Room for press kits and website links for all of our great artists.
13. Who do I contact for more information or to schedule an interview?
Just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and thanks for your interest!
14. I’m interested in becoming a sponsor of the festival. Who should I contact?
Thanks for your interest in the festival! Please email Marcela Davison Aviles at email@example.com
15. Who can we call for information?
Call 1-877-MHC-VIVA (1-877-642-8482) for information.